Interior designer is an old concept but initially it was restricted towards certain target market. With the growth in fashion trends, increase awareness among masses, fashion sense and importance of aesthetic art; interior designing is making waves. Designers are different from other people because after going through four year (interior designing program) they lean to see things in systematic manner.
There are following ways which are necessary for any interior designer to take before acting as a formal designer:
• Getting a proper degree from repute institute is the first and the foremost step towards entering this field because degree is the prerequisite to make an impact in the market.
• Working with some repute and known designer as an intern. It is important to get a required exposure in this area and learn how to proceed further.
• Learn how to make a blueprint using computer graphical aids. Computer works side by side and one with interior designing degree should know about all the graphic design techniques and methods to make proper plan to present their clients.
• Project management is one such field which goes side by side with interior designing. Starting any project going about it, resources needed for that, spending pattern all comes under interior designing.
• Interior designer has to be an excellent listener. He should carefully understand the requirements of his client before working on the project. All doubts and confusions should be done away with as soon as possible.
• Designer also has to have better patience and tolerance. Some clients are problematic and difficult to satisfy. They find fault with the work of designer. Thus designer has to show calm attitude in dealing with such clients.
• While working on any project a good designer keep regular interaction between him and his client. He keeps client indulge in all processes from beginning till end.
• Designer should make and socialize with other designers in the market to stay in touch with the latest. He should regularly visit other designers, discuss latest trends and thus update his information.
• Services are perishable thus you can’t prove even the best of your work before actually working on your project. Making a catalog is very important for a designer. Catalog is not just a book but scrape book showing all work of the designer. Interior designing is a service which cannot be shown prior availing the service, thus well prepared catalog will give an idea to a client about the working style of a designer.
• Marketing is the most important element for a new designer entering this field, the way designers present themselves in front of their client effect their market capturing capability.
Either you have started on a small scale or from home; you should have a proper setup. This is important because clients when come to meet their designer; they make an image about the designer by judging his own office ambiance. The way he presents himself, the way he talks; all make a big impact on his work.